Eagle Flight Computer
The Eagle Flight Computer is designed from the ground up to operate at the edge of space. Its chief designer is a former ISS (International Space Station) flight controller. Many lessons learned working with the ISS flight computers were rolled into the Eagle Flight Computer. The result: a bulletproof flight computer that won’t let you down, even when exposed to the harsh elements of near-space.
- Unlocked GPS Receiver – outputs data to altitudes of over 80,000 m ~ 260,000 ft! Most GPS receivers stop working at 18,000 m ~ 60,000 ft.
- Plug-n-Play – plug any two sensors manufactured by High Altitude Science into either data port (S1/S2) and the computer will automatically detect the sensors and record their data. The data ports are keyed preventing you from connecting sensors backwards.
- Micro SD Card Reader – all data from the GPS receiver and any connected sensors is saved to a micro SD card once every six seconds (ten times a minute to keep things easy). After the flight you can easily export the data into Microsoft Excel for graphing and analysis.
- System LED – provides positive confirmation that the flight computer is powered and ready for flight.
- Temperature Pressure Sensor Included - The Eagle Flight Computer comes standard with one of our Temperature Pressure Sensors which reads temperatures as low as -60 C / -76 F and pressures as low as 1000 Pa / 0.140 psi. You also have the option of purchasing a second Temperature Pressure Sensor. This is useful for recording environmental conditions of a separate experiment or just recording atmospheric condition both internal and external to your payload housing. The Eagle Flight Computer will automatically detect and configure the additional sensor.
- 3 AA Battery Case
- Temperature / Pressure Sensor with Data Cable
- 3 AA Energizer Ultimate Lithium Batteries
- Micro SD card (8GB or smaller)
|36 g / 1.3 oz
|65 x 65 mm / 2.5 x 2.5 inch
|4.0 to 6.5 VDC
|-60 to +125 C / -76 to +257 F
|GPS Max Altitude
|80,000 m / 262,500 ft
|20 hours (Energizer Lithium)
Want to know how soon you can have your Eagle Flight Computer delivered to your doorstep? Visit our Shipping page to find out.