Eagle Flight Computer
Out of Stock. The Eagle Flight Computer is still available with the purchase of the Eagle Pro Weather Balloon Kit.
The Eagle Flight Computer is designed from the ground up to operate at the edge of space. Its chief designer is a former ISS (International Space Station) flight controller. Many lessons learnt working with the ISS flight computers were rolled into the Eagle Flight Computer. The result, a bulletproof flight computer that won’t let you down, even when exposed to the harsh elements of near-space.
- Unlocked GPS Receiver – outputs data to altitudes of over 80,000 m ~ 260,000 ft! Most GPS receivers stop working at 18,000 m ~ 60,000 ft.
- Plug-n-Play – plug any two sensors manufactured by High Altitude Science into either data port (D1/D2) and the computer will automatically detect the sensors and record their data. The data ports are keyed preventing you from connecting sensors backwards.
- Servo Header – required for additional add-on sensors and accessories we hope to release soon.
- Push Button – allows you to configure your flight computer to record data in metric or English units.
- Micro SD Card Reader – all data from the GPS receiver and any connected sensors is saved to a micro SD card once every six seconds (ten times a minute to keep things easy). After the flight you can easily export the data into Microsoft Excel for graphing and analysis.
- System LED – provides positive confirmation that the flight computer is powered and ready for flight.
- Temperature Pressure Sensor Included - The Eagle Flight Computer comes standard with one of our Temperature Pressure Sensors which reads temperatures as low as -60 C / -76 F and pressures as low as 1000 Pa / 0.140 psi. You also have the option of purchasing a second Temperature Pressure Sensor. This is useful for recording environmental conditions of a separate experiment or just recording atmospheric condition both internal and external to your payload housing. The Eagle Flight Computer will automatically detect and configure the additional sensor.
- Power Cable
- 4 AA Battery Case
- Temperature / Pressure Sensor with 30 cm Data Cable
- 4 AA Energizer Ultimate Lithium Batteries
- Micro SD card (8GB or smaller)
|Weight||36 g / 1.3 oz|
|Dimensions||65 x 65 mm / 2.5 x 2.5 inch|
|Supply Voltage||4.0 to 6.5 VDC|
|Temp. Range||-60 to +125 C / -76 to +257 F|
|GPS Max Altitude||80,000 m / 262,500 ft|
|Battery Life||20 hours (Energizer Lithium)|
Want to know how soon you can have your Eagle Flight Computer delivered to your doorstep? Visit our Shipping page to find out.