Eagle Flight Computer
The Eagle Flight Computer is designed from the ground up to operate at the edge of space. Its chief designer is a former ISS (International Space Station) flight controller. Many lessons learnt working with the ISS flight computers were rolled into the Eagle Flight Computer. The result, a bulletproof flight computer that won’t let you down, even when exposed to the harsh elements of near-space.
- Unlocked GPS Receiver – outputs data to altitudes of over 80,000 m ~ 260,000 ft! Most GPS receivers stop working at 18,000 m ~ 60,000 ft.
- Plug-n-Play – plug any two sensors manufactured by High Altitude Science into either data port (D1/D2) and the computer will automatically detect the sensors and record their data. The data ports are keyed preventing you from connecting sensors backwards.
- Servo Header – required for additional add-on sensors and accessories we hope to release soon.
- Push Button – allows you to configure your flight computer to record data in metric or English units.
- Micro SD Card Reader – all data from the GPS receiver and any connected sensors is saved to a micro SD card once every six seconds (ten times a minute to keep things easy). After the flight you can easily export the data into Microsoft Excel for graphing and analysis.
- System LED – provides positive confirmation that the flight computer is powered and ready for flight.
- Temperature Pressure Sensor Included - The Eagle Flight Computer comes standard with one of our Temperature Pressure Sensors which reads temperatures as low as -60 C / -76 F and pressures as low as 1000 Pa / 0.140 psi. You also have the option of purchasing a second Temperature Pressure Sensor. This is useful for recording environmental conditions of a separate experiment or just recording atmospheric condition both internal and external to your payload housing. The Eagle Flight Computer will automatically detect and configure the additional sensor.
- Power Cable
- 4 AA Battery Case
- Temperature / Pressure Sensor with 30 cm Data Cable
- 4 AA Energizer Ultimate Lithium Ion Batteries
- Micro SD card (8GB or smaller)
|Weight||36 g / 1.3 oz|
|Dimensions||65 x 65 mm / 2.5 x 2.5 inch|
|Supply Voltage||4.0 to 6.5 VDC|
|Temp. Range||-60 to +125 C / -76 to +157 F|
|GPS Max Altitude||80,000 m / 262,500 ft|
|Battery Life||20 hours (Energizer Lithium)|
Want to know how soon you can have your Eagle Flight Computer delivered to your doorstep? Visit our Shipping page to find out.